Hello, Promise Scholar!
Congratulations on taking your future seriously!
Don’t forget Dallas County Promise covers the cost of classes at any Dallas County Community College for up to three years or until you complete your degree, whichever comes first.
To renew your scholarship, be sure to complete your FAFSA/TASFA application by March 8 each year and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA each semester.
Remember that the higher your GPA, the more valuable transfer scholarships are available to you.
Promise Scholars at a Dallas County Community College have exclusive Promise Transfer Scholarship opportunities at partner colleges. Visit the College Partner page and the Dallas County Policy document for more information.
Correct Contact Information
Students are responsible for notifying Dallas County Promise and their college when his/her contact information changes by emailing email@example.com (include full name and student ID). Incorrect information does not prevent a student from becoming ineligible. Once a student is enrolled, correct contact information must be on file with the student’s scholarship success coach (i.e. DCCCD Rising Star Advisor, DCCCD Success coach, SMU Rotunda Scholar Advisor, etc.)
To maintain eligibility to renew the Promise award, scholars must complete the following:
- 1. Successfully complete at least 18 hours over the course of the academic year. An academic year includes fall, spring and summer semesters.
- a. Promise/Rising Star scholars must enroll in credit or developmental courses leading to a credit degree or certificate. Enrollment in continuing education (CE) at the Scholar’s DCCCD college. These courses must be classified as “reimbursable” by the State of Texas.
- b. Scholars may not receive Promise funding for more than 36 credit hours per academic year (fall, spring, and summer semesters).
- c. Scholars must meet DCCCD Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy in order to remain in the program: www.dcccd.edu/sap
- d. Students will receive warning – adding and dropping classes will affect financial aid and may also affect Promise eligibility.
- 2. Maintain a cumulative 2.00 GPA; reviewed each semester.
- 3. Renew their FAFSA/TASFA by March 8 each year.
Have Questions? Who to contact for support: