You’re doing it!
Now that you’re enrolled and attending classes, Promise wants to help you finish strong and move into the workforce with credentials and qualifications that employers value most.
Maintain Eligibility for Your Scholarship
Depending on your school, you will want to ensure you are eligible to maintain your scholarship at all times and renew each year.
Check our policy document for your school’s renewal requirements and meet with your success coach or advisor frequently to stay on track. In this document, you will find GPA requirements, FAFSA/TASFA deadlines, and more for the 2019-2020 year. Please check for updates periodically as changes may occur throughout the school year.
Failure to meet the requirements may result in academic probation and require an established improvement plan to help you return to good standing.
Update Your Contact Information
Students are required to keep contact information current at all times with three parties – the college or university you attend, your success coach, and Dallas County Promise. This includes phone numbers, mailing addresses, and personal email addresses.
- To update the college/university, contact your Admission’s office;
- To update your success coach, send an email or visit their office during office hours;
- To update our records, you may email us with the following information: your full name, school, student ID, and new information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Options for DCCCD Students
Current Promise Scholars enrolled at DCCCD are eligible to transfer their last-dollar scholarship to one of five institutions under two conditions:
- The student is currently enrolled at a DCCCD campus pursuing an associate of arts degree (AA);
- Minimum requirements for income (if applicable) and transfer GPA are met by the student.
Promise Scholars that meet these requirements are eligible to transfer and complete a Bachelor of Arts degree at the following institutions: UNT Dallas, Midwestern State University, Texas A&M University – Commerce, Austin College, and Prairie View A&M University.
Please review our full list of partners and/or policy document for full details and the requirements of each institution.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
- The Tom Joyner Foundation: The Tom Joyner Foundation provides current Promise Scholars with transfer scholarships to participating HBCUS in Texas for students interested in teaching in K-12 classrooms. In addition to covering tuition and fees (after financial aid is applied) for the last two years of a bachelor’s program, they provide mentoring support throughout and placement assistance for paid tutoring positions and teaching positions post-graduation. Learn more here.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Find answers to frequently asked questions from other Promise Scholars, resources from your Success Coaches, or send an email requesting assistance using the links below.
For questions regarding transfer opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com and/or your Success Coach. Additional information about transfer requirements can be found by contacting the school directly.