THE DALLAS COUNTY PROMISE FOR PARENTS, SPONSORED BY THE DALLAS COLLEGE FOUNDATION
Are you also considering pursuing a degree or certificate for yourself? If you are a parent or guardian of a 2020 high school senior at a participating Parent Promise high school, we have an opportunity for you.
Parent Promise is the option to have your tuition covered by Dallas College to attend classes at any campus and earn credentials in high-demand fields to broaden your career options.
Dallas College offers programs at each of their seven campuses in a wide variety: Pharmacy Technology, Vocational Nursing, Management, Logistics, Engineering Technology, and much more. These programs offer certifications and associate-level degrees that can increase your earning potential at your current job or help you land a job that’s better for you.
Who is eligible for the Parent Promise?
Families with a household income of $55,000 or less per year AND *parent(s) or guardian(s) of 2020 high school seniors at one of the participating Parent Promise schools:
- Cedar Hill Collegiate High School (Cedar Hill ISD)
- Cedar Hill High School (Cedar Hill ISD)
- David W. Carter High School (Dallas ISD)
- DeSoto High School (DeSoto ISD)
- Duncanville High School (Duncanville ISD)
- Emmit J. Conrad High Schools (Dallas ISD)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt High School (DISD)
- Grand Prairie High Schools (Grand Prairie ISD)
- H. Grady Spruce High School (Dallas ISD)
- James Madison High School (Dallas ISD)
- Justin F. Kimball High School (Dallas ISD)
- L.G. Pinkston High School (Dallas ISD)
- Lancaster High School (Lancaster ISD)
- Lincoln High School (Dallas ISD)
- Moises E. Molina High School (Dallas ISD)
- North Dallas High School (Dallas ISD)
- Seagoville High School (Dallas ISD)
- South Grand Prairie High School (GPISD)
- South Oak Cliff High School (Dallas ISD)
- Sunset High School (Dallas ISD)
- Thomas Jefferson High School (Dallas ISD)
- W.W. Samuell High School (Dallas ISD)
- Wilmer-Hutchins High School (Dallas ISD)
*Assigned guardians include, but are not limited to, a biological parent, foster parent, step-parent, older sibling, grandparent, aunt or uncle with primary guardianship of the high school student. The student must live with the guardian for the parent to be fully eligible and only one guardian per household may participate.